Best Edge Clamps
We’ve compiled a list of the best edge clamps for you to make your next woodworking project easier. From pipe clamping, bar clamping, and spring clamps, we have an edge clamp list that will be perfect for you!
Quick Overview (Our Top 3): Best Edge Clamps
Go ahead and read this article to find out the complete list of the best edge clamps.
10 Best Edge Clamps List
- Fixed Center Molded Channel Reduces Blade Offset And Guesswork
- Self-Adhesive Non-Chip Strip Attaches To The Bottom Of Your Ngx Clamp Edge And Reduces Top Edge Tear-Out For A Smooth Finish
- Quick-Release Clamps Are Adjustable So Your Saw Goes On And Off The Plate Effortlessly
- Aluminum Guide Rails Position Your Saw Accurately Every Time
- No more c-clamps when trying to secure a straight edge to your large or small wooden panels! Cut large panels, small panels, rout straight dado’s and more! ProGrip Straight Edge Guides are not only great straight edge guides, they are super easy to align and even easier to clamp into place. Made from extruded aluminum and with the extra wide 2-3/16 inch tube rail, the ProGrip Straight Edge Guide Clamps are robust guides that are made for everyday workshop or contractor use.
- Cut straight, true lines with circular saws, routers, trim routers, jig saws and many other power tools you probably own. These clamps are ideal for cutting large sheets of plywood in half (with a 50” straight edge guide). Each clamp is identified by the maximum clamping distance between jaws. Another great application for these clamps is cutting dado slots for bookshelves. The alignment and cutting process for dados is so much easier than ever before with the ProGrip Straight Edge Guides.
- Each clamp rail is manufactured with a low profile to make guiding your power tool along the edge much easier. The low profile has also been designed with guide accessories in mind. The clamp rails accept many different accessories (sold separately) or can create your very own jigs and fixtures to use with the ProGrip Straight Edge Guides. Each ProGrip Straight Edge Guide has the exact same profile regardless of length.
- How does it work? Each ProGrip Straight Edge Guide Clamp has one adjustable jaw and one fixed jaw. The fixed jaw typically will go against the edge of the board closest to you. Once you place the clamp on your board with the fixed jaw over the end, the adjustable end gets drawn in against the opposite side of the board. Once set and aligned, you secure the clamp by simply locking it down with the 3 position lock lever.
- The lock lever on each clamp can be secured into one of three positions, each position provides varying amounts of pressure. Depending on your project or application, you may need to apply more pressure by securing the lock lever to the appropriate position. Once secured, the ProGrip Straight Edge Guide Clamp is designed to have zero side to side play with minimal deflection to provide you with the ideal straight edge to make clean, smooth cuts every time!
- Unique spindle within a spindle design
- Outer spindle acts on the clamping jaws – inner spindle applies pressure to the front edge
- Two large non-slip, opposing, gentle jaws for positive grip
- Large swivel pressure plate with protective plastic cap.
- Lightweight, corrosion-resistant aluminum housing designed for high static stress load
- Clamping end moves with handle for easy adjustability from one side
- Locking handle grabs work surfaces for a secure grip that won’t budge
- Made of heavy-gauge, rigid aluminum for extreme durability
- Use with circular saws, routers, Jig saws, and other portable power tools
- Includes Bora NGX 50-inch clamp edge and Bora NGX 50-inch extension piece with connectors
- Economical spindle clamp mounts on the rail of bar clamps
- Allows bar clamps to also function as edge clamps
- Mounts on bar clamp rail stock up to 1/2 in. thick
- Inexpensive accessory for edge clamping
- Fits any clamp rail up to 1/2 inch thick
- INSTANT STRAIGHT EDGE GUIDE: When you have limited workshop space, the DCT Aluminum Pro Grip Clamp Straight Edge Wood Cutting Table Saw Guide, 50” Inch / 127cm – Circular, Rotary, Jig, Router will save you the space required for cutting/panel gluing and is capable of clamping to any parallel edge workpiece with low profile jaws that allow you to use the clamp inverted and have an unobstructed work area
- ALL-IN-ONE: You get a smooth, straight edge and a woodworking self-clamping tool in one handy unit so you can stack glue panels without worrying about them tipping and crashing to the floor; 58” x 2.1” x 0.5” inches (147cm x 5.3cm x 1.3cm) overall dimensions (stands 1.1 inches/2.8cm tall) with 2.5” x 1” x 0.25” inch (6.4cm x 2.5cm x 0.6cm) clamp
- BUILT TO LAST: Constructed with an aluminum body and reinforced with integral tube running the length of the wide body for maximum rigidness and lightweight handling; Wide and tall hard plastic jaws hold work piece securely and are predrilled for accessory; When clamped, this solid guide shows no play and it tightly holds its grip
- WIDE RANGE: Scale includes both inches and centimeter measurements and is adjustable to work over the full range up to 50 inches/127cm; T-track on guide accepts standard accessories including all Pro Grip accessories and also allows complete flexibility when designing specialty fixtures in your shop; Low profile and flat top easy on a rotary saw, jig saw, circular table saw, router straight cut, or joiner cut
- EASY TO USE: There are two clamps that hold the wood – a stationery clamp on the end with lever and a sliding clamp that moves along the rail; To adjust, pull the sliding clamp apart until you hear a click, adjust the clamp to the wood, hold the clamp against the wood and push the other part of the clamp towards the wood until it locks, make sure the stationary clamp has the handle in the upward position when adjusting and push the lever down to lock into place
No products found.
- Converts a one-handed bar clamp into an edge clamp
- For holding trim and edging in place during glue-up
- Installs easily in minutes
- Compatible with all Medium-Duty IRWIN(R) QUICK-GRIP(R) one-handed bar clamps
- DO MORE WITH QUICK-GRIP ACCESSORIES.
- Practical accessory for clamping edges and difficult to reach areas
- Suitable for conventional screw Clamps
- With a max. Rail thickness of 13mm
- Squares your clamp edge to the material you are cutting
- Trapezoidal wedge system makes it easy to connect components
- Precision aluminum extrusion profile perfectly matches clamp edge fixed head
- Part of the NGX Clamp Edge System to cut and rip sheets and boards
- Fits all sizes of NGX Clamp Edge
Best Edge Clamp Buying Guide
When you are looking to purchase an edge clamp, there are a few factors that you need to take into consideration. The first is the size of the edge clamp. You need to make sure that it is the right size for the project that you are working on. The second factor is the type of edge clamp. There are several different types available, so you need to make sure that you choose the one that is best suited for your needs. The third factor is the price. You need to find an edge clamp that fits within your budget.
The size of the edge clamp is important because you want to make sure that it is big enough to hold the pieces of wood or metal together. If the edge clamp is too small, it will not be able to do its job properly. The type of edge clamp is important because each type has different strengths and weaknesses. For example, a bar clamp is good for holding large pieces of wood together, while a C-clamp is good for small projects. The price is important because you want to find an edge clamp that fits within your budget.
There are several factors that you need to take into consideration when purchasing an edge clamp. The size of the edge clamp, the type of edge clamp, and the price are all important factors to consider. By taking these factors into consideration, you can find the perfect edge clamp for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the difference between a bar clamp and a C-clamp?
A bar clamp is good for holding large pieces of wood together, while a C-clamp is good for small projects.
2. What is the size of the edge clamp important?
The size of the edge clamp is important because you want to make sure that it is big enough to hold the pieces of wood or metal together. If the edge clamp is too small, it will not be able to do its job properly.
3. What is the price of the edge clamp important?
The price of the edge clamp is important because you want to find an edge clamp that fits within your budget.
Now that you have seen all the recommended lists. Let’s discuss which one is ideal for you.
The Bora NGX is our top pick for the best edge clamp. It has a fixed center with molded center which reduces blade offset and guesswork. Also, the quick-release feature is very handy and easy to use. You will get an accurate guide rail every time.
No matter which edge clamp you choose, make sure you read the manufacturer’s instructions carefully before using it. These tools can be dangerous if used incorrectly, so it’s important to know how to use them safely. And as always, practice caution when working with tools and machinery. Stay safe and have fun!
Last update on 2023-03-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API