Best Tape Measure
Tape Measure is a necessary measurement tool for DIY projects, construction work, architecture projects, even basic home improvement. There are a lot of options available and getting the best tape measure is not easy. We will walk you through and help you with the perfect measuring tape for your needs.
If you already own a tape measure and willing to upgrade it, then you can also read this article.
Quick Overview (Our Top 3): Best Tape Measures
Now that you have seen our top 3 list. Let’s take a look at our complete list of top measuring tapes and why they are best.
8 Best Tape Measures List
1-Komelon SL2825 Self Lock 25-Foot Power Tape
The Self Lock tape measure series by Komelon has offers a unique design that allows the blade to extend smoothly and with the push of a button retract the blade with complete control. You can find this tape measure in additional sizes, and engineer scale. This is the perfect measuring tool for anyone from the do it yourselfer to the professional tradesmen.
No more fumbling around with locking mechanisms. Pull out the blade and it locks itself, retract the blade with the simple push of a button.
• Self locking mechanism allows blade to be extended smoothly
• Push button allows blade to be retracted smoothly
• Control your retraction with the push button
• Nylon coated blade ensures maximum durability
• Impact resistant rubber case
• Comfortable in hand due to the ergonomically engineered case
• Stud markings noted on blade
• High visibility green case color
This is the ideal measuring tool for anyone from the do it yourselfer to a professional tradesmen. The series also provides an impact resistant rubberized case and a nylon coated blade for maximum durability.
2-CRAFTSMAN Tape Measure, 25-Foot (CMHT37325S)
Craftsman’s 25 ft. chrome tape measure features a classic chrome finish with modern features, such as rubber overmold for added grip and a multi-catch hook that can grab onto surfaces on either side of the blade.
- Retractable tape measure has 7 ft. of standout*
- ADDED GRIP: Rubber overmold for added grip
- DURABILITY: Durable blade coating to improve product life
This 1 in. wide tape have large, easy to read font and is perfect for DIYers and professionals alike.
3-FastCap PSSR25 25 foot Lefty/Righty Measuring Tape
FastCap’s original line of tape measures feature a built in Fastpad for jotting down measurements, a compact design, and a heavy-duty protective rubber boot.
The blade on this tape is one inch wide and is designed with a four rivet nose clip that will handle the wear and tear of daily use. Available in 16′ or 25′ lengths in a variety of increments, including both standard and metric.
The protective rubber boot holds the tape safe. Lightweight and portable, you will be able to carry the FastCap PSSR25 25 foot Lefty/Righty Measuring Tape anywhere with ease. If you are a left-handed person, you will be able to use this measuring tool as easy as a right-handed person would.
The tape also features an ergonomic belt clip and built-in pencil sharpener.
No matter what you want to measure, this tape gives you accurate readings. With an erasable notepad, you will easily be able to jot down measurements on the tool itself.
4-Zabiki Measuring Tape Measure, 25 Ft Decimal
This Zabiki 25 ft tape measure features a casing of measuring tape made out of a top grade rubberized material that is conveniently shock-absorbent.
Easy to read thanks to the Bold & Large Numbers. and Hard-Wearing quality, it makes the ruler have better reading performance and longer life.
Dual Side Ruler – Inch and metric ruler to perform all type of works, no matter what type of marking ruler you are accustomed to using.
Manufacturer guarantees a easy-to-reach and friendly customer support, along with a 365-DAY warranty for any product they sold
This Zabiki 25 ft tape measure is an essential for everyone from homeowners, interior designers to professional handyman, carpenter, metal or wood workers and architects.
5-Spec Ops Tools 25-Foot Tape Measure
- 20% More Compact than standard tape measures,
- Military-Grade composite case
- Extra durability – Mil-X Coated, 1 1/4-In Blade For Up To 2X Blade Durability
- High-Visibility, White Blade With Double-Sided Markings For Clear And Precise Measurements
- Rigid, True 10’ Blade Standout For Maximum Reach
- Belt hook
3% of every purchase goes to supporting different veteran and first responder groups. Choosing Spec Ops tools also supports great causes.
6-MulWark 26ft Measuring Tape Measure
- Unlike traditional 25ft measure, this one has a 26ft long blade.
- The dual-sided measure blade makes measuring work even more convenient.
- Impact resistant, rust proof, chemical odor free and can horizontally stand out till 7ft and vertically till 13ft without the tape collapsing or snapping
- Powerful magnet tip, which greatly enhances the stability of the blade, especially when measuring a really long distance. The magnets are also strong enough to double the tape as a magnetic pick up tool.
- Wrist strap made of rubber instead of fabric makes it nearly impossible to twist up on you for easy holding, and the clip behind can be used to secure the tape to a tool bag or belt.
All MulWark tools are warranted to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for as long as you own the product, you may return this product free of charge with original purchase receipt or choose to get a replacement
7-Amazon Basics Self-Locking Tape Measure – 25-Feet, 2-Pack
- Pack of 2 Tape measure with MID accuracy and both inch and metric scales; measures up to 25 feet (8 meters)
- Self-locking mechanism with push button release allows inner tape to be smoothly extended and retracted
- Heat-treated spring ensures long-lasting performance; anti-skid ABS and soft rubber exterior for impact protection; bright yellow color
- Belt clip and comfortable wrist strap for convenient carrying and easy access
- Amazon Basics 1-year limited warranty
Simple product yet providing an excellent design and hand-feel.
Great quality/price ratio
8-Stanley FatMax 25 Foot Tape Measure, 2-pack
- Extra tough and durable thanks to industrial-grade blade Armor® coating on the first 3″ and a high-impact ABS case.
- The tape measure offers an 11′ blade standout, with a 1-1/4″ wide blade for easy readability.
- It also features a three-rivet, corrosion-resistant Tru-Zero® end hook for accurate measurements.
- The Mylar® polyester Film extends the life of entire blade.
- The top-forward blade Lock makes locking and unlocking easy, along with a specially designed multi-catch hook which grabs on top or bottom for versatility.
- A high-impact ABS case with durable rubber-holds up to heavy use, and the cushion grip provides comfortable, slip-resistant hold.
This pack is a great deal as this tape measure offers a good combination of price and durability.
9-Crescent Lufkin Control Series Black Clad Tape Measure – L1025CB
- Protected lock button and 6-point dual material case for increased durability.
- Anti-pinch, finger tip control feature for increased control when retracting the tape
- Tether hole for safely working at heights.
- Matte clear protective blade coating for better visibility and durability of the blade.
The matte finish both reduces glare and protects the blade, ensuring that it holds up through heavy use.
The finger brake beneath the tape’s feed allows the user to control the blade without risk of pinching, and the blade can be locked in place with the wide lock button protected by over-mold rails.
10-DEWALT 25FT Tape Measure Yellow
- Wide base for improved stability during layout.
- Wide Blade With Large, easy to read font.
- Patented plastic and rubber slide lock provides added protection from jobsite abuse.
- Durable blade coating withstands residential jobsite conditions.
Standard Tape Measure, Belt Clip, Durable and efficient this 25 ft. tape does not disappoint.
Great for residential and commercial construction, this tape offers a tough blade coating.
Why it is important to buy a good tape measure?
A good tape measure will give you an accurate measurement, stress-free work, and also will require less attention from you. A tape measure is used even in simple tasks like measuring room size, figuring out if a piece of new furniture will fit your room or not, etc.
You can rely on a good tape measure and it also comes with a lot of useful markings. It is your best buddy if you are a DIY person.
If you buy a bad or faulty tape measure, it can even ruin your project. No one wants to risk that much for a few bucks and for a tool like measuring tape.
As you can see, it is very much important to buy the best tape measure that fit your needs as it stands for a critical tool that should be included in any toolbox along with a great screwdriver set or hammer.
Best Tape Measure Buying Guide
When it comes to buying a tape measure, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
The first is the size of the tape measure – most come in either standard or metric sizes.
The next thing to think about is the type of tape measure. There are two main types – spring-loaded and retractable. Spring-loaded tape measures have a metal spring inside that helps them recoil, while retractable ones have a built-in reel that stores the tape.
Finally, you need to decide what features you want your tape measure to have. Some models come with a belt clip for easy portability, while others have extra markings or measurements that can be helpful when working on a project.
No matter what type of tape measure you choose, it’s important to make sure that it’s of good quality. A cheap tape measure can be frustrating to use and may not last very long. Instead, opt for a tape measure that is well-made and will provide accurate measurements every time. When shopping for a tape measure, keep these things in mind and you’re sure to find the perfect one for your needs.
Tape Measure Markings
We all know how to use a tape measure, but do we know all the details about tape measures? Many questions are surrounding unfathomable marks, red numerals, and dots we do not know the meaning of. Let’s know all the details about different tape measure markings.
- First of all, there are two sides to the blade in terms of tape measure markings. Metric and Imperial, the former used in countries such as the UK, most countries in Europe and North Africa, and the latter used in the USA as well as the second unofficial system beside the metric system in the UK.
- Second of all, did you ever ask yourself the question, why there are Roman numerals in the blade? the Roman numerals refer to the accuracy of the tape measure. There are four levels of tape measure accuracy denoted by Roman numerals, class 1 denoted by I (Roman numeral), second class by II, and so on. While there are unclassified tape measures that have not been tested and guaranteed to fit with the measures of accuracy.
- Third of all, another thing that most customers raise questions about is the black spots or what so-called black diamonds. They are small black circles or sometimes rectangles that appear at equal intervals, mostly 16″ intervals. They are used by construction professionals to help them speed up the process of knowing where everything should go. They are also called stud or joist marks.
There are more things to know about tape measures and we fail to know them, basically because we don’t use them often, and also because we do not see the relevance of asking such questions and seeking answers, such as CE mark, the length, how tape measures adapt to high temperature, and what are they made of and where. Answers to these questions can help us render some home improvement work easier.
Tape Measure Accuracy
Almost all the tape measures do have a loose hook. Which is a good thing and doesn’t affect tape measure accuracy.
Before you pick a hammer to fix that darn hook that keeps moving about whenever you’re taking a reading, know that this is not a flaw but a special design feature.
The thickness of the hook is the same as the length of the slot along which the hook runs. Whether you’re measuring the inside or outside of something, the hook will adjust towards either end so that the edge of whatever you’re measuring is exactly at the end of the tape.
If you’ve nailed the loose hook firmly, you’re probably not getting accurate readings. However, you can remedy this by simply starting measurements at some reference marking, say 1 inch, and then accounting for it in the final reading.
I hope now you can decide which tape measure is perfect for you and also, how to take the best advantage of them. Let us know what do you think in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the difference between a standard and metric tape measure?
Standard tape measures are typically in inches, while metric tape measures are in centimeters. If you’re working on a project that requires measurements in both inches and centimeters, it’s best to have both types of tape measure handy.
2. What is the difference between a spring-loaded and retractable tape measure?
Spring-loaded tape measures have a metal spring inside that helps them recoil, while retractable ones have a built-in reel that stores the tape. Retractable tape measures are generally more compact and easier to store than spring-loaded ones.
3. What features should I look for when buying a tape measure?
Some models come with a belt clip for easy portability, while others have extra markings or measurements that can be helpful when working on a project. Decide what features are important to you and then shop the one that includes them.
4. Is it important to buy a high-quality tape measure?
Yes, it is important to buy a high-quality tape measure. A cheap tape measure can be frustrating to use, inaccurate, may not last very long and can potentially ruin your project. Instead, opt for a tape measure that is well-made and will provide accurate measurements every time.
When it comes to tape measures, there are a lot of options on the market. It can be tough to know which one is right for you and your needs. Identifying the best tape measure is actually hard, due to what can look like limited differences between 2 products and also due to the subjective aspects to consider (size, colors…) that can vary for each person. Therefore we tried to define the objective criterias that would influence how we can consider what the best tape measure stands for (ease of use, durability…).
Hopefully, this buying guide has helped you narrow down your choices and give you a better idea of what to look for when purchasing the best tape measure for you. Remember, always consider the specific tasks that you need this tool for and choose the option that will best suit those needs. Happy shopping!