Best All-Purpose Axe
Lumberjacks and professional woodworkers are always looking for the best all-purpose axes. They need to know what’s out there, what they need, and what to avoid so they can make their own informed purchase decision. This blog post will help you find the best all-purpose axe that fit your needs.
Quick View (Our Top 3): Best All-Purpose Axe
Now that you have seen the bestseller list. Let’s take a look at the complete list.
5 Best All-Purpose Axes List
1. The MAX Multipurpose Axe Toolkit by Forrest Tool
- Easy to use outdoor essential tools – Includes 8 commonly used tool-heads in one lightweight, easy-to-carry case. Have the essentials handy, wherever you go!
- Long Polypropylene Handle for Safety and Comfort. It reduces fatigue and prevents the need for working on hands and knees. The long handle also prevents injuries related to flying debris due to added distance between the user and the end of the tool. In addition, the handle provides great shock absorption and durability.
- Tempered 1060 High Carbon Steal for Ruggedness and Quality.
- ANSI Certified – The MAX toolkit is proudly manufactured in the USA to meet ANSI Industry Standards and meets the requirements for the International Organization for Standardization. Also this Toolkit is standard equipment on Army Light Tactical Vehicles (JLTV) and High Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles (HMMWV).
- A perfect gift idea – Ideal for adventure aficionados and nature enthusiasts, this durable outdoor multipurpose toolkit makes the best gift for Birthdays, Anniversaries, Farewell, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, and New Year’s
- INCLUDED TOOLS – This toolkit includes 34″ Composite Polyglass Handle, Hudson Bay Ax Head with Shovel, Pick, Broad Pick, Mattock Blade, Combination McLeod, Rake & Hoe with Fastener, 6 Lock Pins, Embossed Leather Ax Sheath, and a Cordura Carrying Case
Perfect for chopping and splitting, the all-purpose axe is an indispensable addition to your outdoor essentials. Indeed, this tool kit is sturdy enough to help you in case of an emergency. It is ideal for camping, gardening, hunting, off-roading or for a day-in-the-woods
2. GEDORE OX 620 H-1257 H-1257-all-purpose Axe
- Outdoorsman tool: For woodworks, splitting firewood, cutting branches or limbing felled trees
- Worry free: ROTBAND-PLUS bonds the handle and hammerhead into one unit to ensure max safety
- Long service life: Steel handle sleeve protects the handle from damage when you miss your target
- Great quality: Fine-polished axe head with blade protection and high-quality hickory handle
- Excellent built: Head weight 1250g (28 lbs), blade 120mm (47″), handle length 700mm (276″), axe weight 2100g (46 lbs) Spare handle OX E-620 H-1250
Work easier and maximize performance with ROTBAND-PLUS handle joint. Handle sleeve, tapered collar, fixing plate, and wood screw bond the hammerhead and the handle into one unit for optimum safety. The long handle sleeve made of steel protects the handle from damage when the hammer misses its target, which guarantees a long service life. Perfect for medium to large-sized wood. An indispensable tool in woodworking and gardening. A must for all outdoorsmen.
3. Hults Bruk Akka Foresters Premium Outdoor Axe
- The axe head is hand forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697.
- As part of the hand grinding production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe.
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings..
- The straight hickory handle is treated with linseed oil.
- Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath that is embellished with some unique Swedish decorative elements.The axe is shipped in its own storage box and comes with a detailed users manual.
The Hults Bruk Akka All-purpose Axe is a perfect companion for the wilderness and clearing forest trails. The Akka features a long, curved 24 inch American hickory handle paired with a 1.5 pound axe head for exceptional leverage and power in a lightweight package. The straight knife ground edge and finger notch near the neck make carving tasks a joy. With a total weight of just 2.2 pounds the Akka is is ideal for overnight wilderness trips and fantastic for clearing forest trails.
4. Fiskars 378501-1002 X7 Hatchet
- Ideal for chopping kindling and small- to medium-sized logs
- Chops deeper with each swing to get more done faster
- Perfected balance and power-to-weight ratio increases swing speed to multiply power, much like an aluminum baseball bat
- Proprietary blade-grinding technique provides a sharper edge for better contact and cleaner cuts
- Superior Bade Design : Fiskars axes are crafted with a proprietary grinding technique that provides a sharper edge for better contact and cleaner cuts. They also stay sharp longer and include low-friction coating.
- More Power at Impact: Perfected weight distribution provides an optimal power-to-weight ratio that increases swing speed to multiply power, much like an aluminum baseball bat.
- Virtually Unbreakable: With stronger-than-steel FiberComp handles and inseparable insert-molded heads, Fiskars axes don’t just outlast others — they’re virtually impossible to break.
- Lifetime warranty. Low-friction blade coating powers through wood and prevents head from getting stuck
Another easy-to-carry choice perfect for hikers and outdoor enthusiasts, the X7 all-purpose axe is ideal for chopping kindling and small- to medium-sized logs. Like every X-Series Hatchet or Axe, the X7 combines perfected weight distribution, advanced blade geometry, an ultra-sharp edge and virtually unbreakable design to maximize your performance. This combination of features allows the blade to bite deeper when chopping. With more blade penetration on each swing, you can chop more wood in less time, with less effort and hand strain.
5. Husqvarna 26″ Wooden Multi-Purpose Axe
- All-purpose axe is a single-bit axe in traditional style
- Head is attached to the hickory shaft using both a wooden and Steel Wedge to secure fastening
- Versatile axe used for tree felling, wood chopping, and other jobs
- The long handle provides power to the cut
- Includes a leather edge cover
Husqvarna provides a wide range of wooden axes for different kinds of work. These axes are forged in Sweden from Swedish axe steel with a consistently high quality.
With good maintenance, your axe will last for a long time. Don’t store in too warm conditions, since the handle might Shrink. Always dry of dirt & moisten before putting the axe cover on. If the axe is put away for a longer time, grease it to prevent rust. Don’t miss our detailed article about how to maintain and sharpen you all-purpose axe.
Also, we invite you to read our article about the difference between splitting axes and chopping axes for camping.
Pick the axe that suits your needs and start axing. If you pick the right axe for the job, then you can complete the job fast and efficiently.